Please bring these items with you to the hospital:
- Documents your doctor indicated you must bring with you (if any)
- A copy of your completed Living Will or Durable Power of Attorney if you have one. This must already be signed and witnessed. Please bring a copy, not the original.
- Glasses and case
- Crutches, walker or cane if you use an assistive device for walking
- CPAP machine if you use one for sleep apnea
If you are to be admitted after your surgery, please bring these items with you to the hospital:
- Your own pajamas, robe and slippers, although hospital pajamas and gowns are available.
- Sturdy walking shoes, if needed, for walking after surgery.
- Personal toiletries.
- Your own pillow if you prefer.
- CPAP machine if you use one for sleep apnea.
Please leave these items in the car and have a family member or friend bring them in when you are in a room.
Do not bring these items to the hospital:
- Large sums of money
- Credit cards or a checkbook (have a relative or friend bring these on the day you will be discharged, unless you have been instructed to bring a co-pay)
- Electrical appliances